Sample Credit Reporting Agency Dispute Letter
Robert E. Duff
310 N. Lebanon St.
Lebanon, IN 46052
October 24, 2006
TransUnion Consumer Solutions
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000
Equifax Credit Information Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013-2104
- Robert E. Duff
- D.O.B. xx/xx/xxxx
- SS # xxx-xx-xxxx
- 310 N. Lebanon St.
- Lebanon, IN 46052
- File # xxxxxxxxx
I have obtained a recent copy of my credit report, dated October 17, 2006, and have discovered that it contains inaccurate information. I am disputing this inaccurate information.
There are three distinct inaccuracies on my credit report:
- 1622 Park Manor Drive, Lebanon, IN is reported as a previous address. I have never resided at that address.
- Capital One Services # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx shows late payments in June, July and August of 2005. I have never paid late on this account.
- My report shows Bank of America # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This was a joint account with my ex-wife (Amanda Duff) and now belongs solely to her, but it is currently being reported as mine on my report. I was taken off the account in March of 2002. Enclosed is documentation from Bank of America showing that the account was changed from a joint account to an account owned solely by Amanda Duff.
Please remove this inaccurate information from my credit report. I have enclosed a copy of my credit report with the inaccurate information highlighted in yellow to aid you in identifying it.
If for some reason you decide not to remove this inaccurate information, please do the following:
- Tell me in writing what information you refuse to remove and why.
- Tell me in writing what you did to determine that the information was accurate.
- Note the information as disputed on my credit report and insert the relevant statement of my dispute, above (either A, B, or C), into my credit report.
If you have any questions about this request or the disputed credit information, please contact me anytime at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thank you for your prompt attention to this very urgent matter.
Robert E. Duff
Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested